Our family has un-plugged from pre-packaged food for the most part with one or two exceptions. This is one of my favorite recipes that I will share with you.
This recipe replaces ingredients deceptively, you won’t realize they aren’t naughty!
I skipped the chocolate this time but no worries, they are still yummy good!
- 1½ cup raw cashew pieces
- 1½ cup chopped pitted dates
- ½ cup nut butter (peanut, cashew, almond)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- Optional topping:
- 1½ cups dark, organic chocolate or bittersweet
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In food processor, finely chop cashews, add in the chopped dates.
- Add nut butter, coconut, maple syrup, almond extract and coconut flour , pulse until a sticky dough forms.
- Line small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With damp fingers, press into pan.moncler outlet
- Refrigerate 6 - 8 hours until set. Add topping if desired and re- refrigerate one more hour until coating sets.
- Lift out and cut into pieces when set.
- Topping: mix dark chocolate with coconut oil over indirect heat (double boiler), spread over pressed ingredients.